Incisive Media and Professional Pensions are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2
This event and other Professional Pensions events are working towards an industry standard of sustainability.
• There will be no printed programmes for this event as programmes will be fully accessible online.
• There will be no single-use plastics at this event.
• Any signage at the event will be made with materials that can be recycled or are reusable
• Water will be served in reusable glass dispensers.
• All waste is recycled responsibly.
• Staff are trained in cleaning methods to reduce the use of excess chemicals.
• No waste will be sent to landfill & waste that cannot be recycled will be taken by waste carrier and converted into energy.
Lighting throughout the venue is either energy efficient LED or motion censored to reserve energy.
• Bike parking is available for all guests to discourage the use of automotive transport if not completely necessary.
• Water saving measures such as automatic taps are implemented throughout the venue.
• The venue hold a Gold Clean City Award Certificate from The City of London.
• The venue donate surplus items left over from events to charities and local primary schools or reuse them in-house if appropriate: ie, notepads, pens.
• No waste is sent to landfill as waste that cannot be recycled is taken by waste carrier and converted into energy.